Friday, May 12, 2006

Hello...

I've been thinking quite a bit recently...I'm a person who likes to have plans. I try to plan everything out well in advance, so that i won't have too many surprises springing up on me. Hmm...for a long time, i have been musing on life, on what I want to do upon graduation. I've set my heart on doing Political Science as my major in NUS. Talked to a few people recently, and from what they tell me, the life in the diplomatic service seems pretty interesting, something i might want to pursue as a career. Thus, that will be the aim i intend to achieve, to find a career in the diplomatic service.=)..

When i matriculate, and commence my undergraduate studies in NUS, i intend to take up a third language, preferably either french or german, as those would put me in good stead to get an overseas exchange programme slot. My aunt also told me that maybe i could pick up Spanish. Because apart from English, and Chinese, Spanish is the next most spoken language in the world. I believe this would come in pretty handy next time, when i enter the workplace of my choice.

When i enter NUS, i'll be 23, by the time i enter the workplace, i should be around 27 / 28. That's pretty old!..I don't think I can achieve my previous goal of attaining my first million by the age of 30. But it's okay. I shall strive for a job which interests me, stimulates my mind, and pays me well enough to keep my family living somewhere between comfort and luxury.

Talking about family, I'm not even attached, so maybe it's a little far fetched to think about this. But this is something i realise that has changed in terms of importance in my life. Previously, my main goal in life was to earn as much money as i could, so that I could live a life of extravagance. But now. That's not my aim anymore. I wasn't born into a rich family, but being the only child has its benefits. My parents and grandparents have always pampered me ever since my eyes first saw light. Everything i wanted, i got. My family gave me the best of everything. When I start a family in future, I want to give them the best too!.. I want to have a bungalow, with rooms my children can invite their friends to stay over, a lawn my wife can hold tea parties on, a ktv room my wife can sing to her heart's delight, a piano for my children to practice on, a place for me to keep dogs!...i think pets are essential for children, because they provide the companionship parents sometimes are unable to due to work committments. I still aim for affluence now, but the only thing is that the reason why i want it is different. I want to give my wife and kids a life of luxury, a comfortable stable life, one that they can be proud of.

Well, that's about my plans for the next few years..=)

++ quoth dragonfly at 9:58 PM


.: about.me :.
[Life is like a dream..In reality, things do not always go the way we want them to turn out. What we desire, may not always be what life destines for us. These unfulfilled wishes turn into actuality in our dreams. Dreams reveal what we want to happen in life, and it is only in dreams, that possibility is infinite..Dream a dream tonight...=)]

.: blogs.i.read :.
++大风吹
++Benjamin Kirk
++Cousin
++Deborah
++Eunice
++Huimin
++Isabelle
++Joann Tan
++Lizhen
++Lynn Toh
++Mathias
++Paila
++Pongsy
++Victoria
++My take on knives
++Yingjun

.: my.favourite.things :.
++ Usual Suspect Network
++ The Warrior's Edge
++ TAD Gear
++ Blade Art INC
[just some of the stuff I browse when I'm online..hahah]

.: archives :.